Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Midsummer Nostalgia


I drove back from D. last night after having spent a long weekend there, mostly in my friend's garden, doing a fulfilling lot of nothing.


And there it was again, that stretch inside me, that pulling on my soul that comes with the smell of flowers in a summer night, with their sight against the dark sky, that doesn't say what it wants nor where it wants me. All it says is: not here. And not now.

The summer night's got so much potential, its scent caressing my skin like dark blue velvet. I want to follow it, want it so badly. I get lost. A light breeze tugging on my mind, pulling my thoughts away to the corner of memories. Sweet.

I brush it off, together with those tears.

***

Soundtrack to the post

5 comments:

Ash said...

isn't it beautiful-- to feel. and to be able to pen some feelings down,and to transfer it.

saltyfish said...

it would be even nicer to know what you feel.. or would it?

talldarkman said...

emotional stuff. :)

talldarkmantabbl

saltyfish said...

*frowns*

inserachofmuse said...

sis.... the damn beautiful stretch, the malleable soul .. enjoy