Sunday, July 14, 2013

Swing swing


The working title for this post was 'Mood swings' but that does not quite hit it. My mood doesn't swing all by itself, rainbow blues probably excluded. It is rather so that other people have quite a strong influence on it. Not random people of course - I'm not psychologically instable (I think) - but those close to me.


My mother is in a bad mood because her knees hurt or because my father exasperated her - I look for the fault in myself. 
My close friend is monosyllabic bordering taciturn because of a stressful day at the work she hates - I wonder what I might have done wrong.
You leave abruptly and with an unusually cold goodbye - I nearly cry myself to sleep from worry.

Why is it that the people around me influence my mood and my thoughts to that extent? Shouldn't I be stronger, more independent than that? Is it low self-esteem, not enough positive feedback at a young age? A mix of all I reckon. 

So dear readers, if you have children, please encourage, support and reinforce them, they'll need it.

No comments: