Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Store

There are certain things one cannot do ahead of time, as in do it abundantly now so that it won't be necessary for a while: eating, sleeping, reading newspapers.

No matter how much you eat today, you will still get hungry again tomorrow or day after at the latest. You can read a full bookstall worth of newspapers now, watch five hours non-stop of news .. in a couple days, that'll be old news and you will have to start over again.

But most of all I regret that I can't stock sleep. And believe me, I tried it! I slept on off days until my eyes popped open by themselves - but did I feel any more refreshed and awake than when I had just a normal amount of sleep? Nah. Did I need less sleep the following night? Not at all.
Why am I saying all this now? Because it's 6.30 am and I'm soooooo tired...

6 comments:

talldarkman said...

Hmm.....interesting concept. *thinking smiley*.

there are instances in Ramayana, when a person (Lakshmana) did not sleep for 14 years...yogic powers eh? :P

talldarkman

saltyfish said...

what do I have to do to obtain those powers? lead an ascetic life? ;)

talldarkman said...

nope.....maybe practice yoga....and you may reach that stage at some point in time.....tho not many do....[;)]

It's a question of mind controlling your body....in almost all the cases...it's the indriya (sensory organs) and their "vishay" or needs...that drives us. :P

talldarkman

saltyfish said...

I wanted to get back to practising yoga anyway .. so maybe it'll work *thinking smiley*

inserachofmuse said...

can u store love some day?

saltyfish said...

you can, but not for an endless time. it's possible to have a certain stock but then suddenly something happens and it can all be blown away .. *sigh*