Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dag/ Jour 7 - Brussels


+ Last day, last opportunity to buy souvenirs (in the form of sweets and postcards), last time to make a complete mess by eating a
gaufre au caramel et à la crême fraîche (waffle with caramel and cream), to check if Manneken Pis is wearing clothes today (he isn't), to find the original Neuhaus chocolate shop, the one that started in 1825 as a pharmacy where chocolate was prescribed as medicine (:D) and to see my friends before they're gonna be four (9th June) instead of three.

+ Morning at the bus stop: A slightly dirty and smelly drunk/stoned/weird young guy walks up to me, asks me something which I don't quite understand and tell him no. Enters the bus before me, buys a ticket, doesn't quite know which way to put it into the machine. Gives the following explanation to the bus driver "I'm a little distracted, I'm in love". After he finally manages and walks off, the driver says to me with a wink "She must be so happy..." ;-)

+ Okay, dear followers of Saltyyfish's Guide to Belgium, that was it. I survived, had fun, will come back with minor injuries only and herewith close my travel diary. Any questions and remarks are welcome of course.

The end - la fin - het einde

***

3 comments:

talldarkman said...

aaah...so you have had quite a few adventures. :P

And we had an opportunity to walk thru those experiences. :D

talldarkman

Anonymous said...

What minor injuries you had..?
I thought you will come up with lots of picture of you ..all pics looks like a regular online material.

saltyfish said...

tdm - :D

Vish - just some bruises. and I'm not gonna put up pictures of myself but the pictures I do upload are taken by me