Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I Want An Apple or Scurvy?


I was on vacation for ten days, UK again after two years, and before, we had been talking and drooling about all the delicacies we were going to indulge in: krispy kreme doughnuts (yes, they're different), all sandwich varieties, cheese and onion pasty, chips (= thick cut fries) with salt and vinegar, shortbread, mint flavoured kitkats and and and...


So we did. As we couldn't cook there, not even microwave, vegetables weren't present much. Bramley apples figured everywhere so we had to give them a try as well - turns out they're rather sour and unfold their aroma in cooked dishes only, so that was not a hit either. I seriously feared scurvy at some point. "No, there is lettuce on the sandwich", "The doughnut had a raspberry filling" or "I had apple juice for breakfast and a raisin in my cereal" were the phrases we used to reassure ourselves and each other ;-)

Now I'm back and I badly crave an apple. A carrot. Some salad.

Luckily tomorrow is Wednesday - vegetable box day :D

No comments: