Sunday, December 11, 2011

"Happiness is only real when shared"


When
I'm happy, I want everyone of my friends to feel the same. I want to share my happiness.


But R. is dissatisfied with her life, N. is unhappily in love, A. is just about ok, M. remembers the feeling from long ago. I want to make it all good for them, for the selfish reason that they'd be as happy as I am.

And to tell them the reason why I'm so happy, the reason that is you. You sprang it on me, out of the blue.
"I'm hard-boiled. Maybe I've been hurt too many times. I don't think I can fall in love anymore", this is what I used to say (and believe) whenever the topic came up.

Turns out I was wrong. Confusion ('where are you going with this?') turned into surprise ('really? me?'), joy ('wow, really me! really you!') and euphoria ('you know, I like him soo flipping much').

You have been in this longer than me but I think I'm catching up so quickly it's almost embarrassing. I look out to your texts, smile into my phone and just at the world around me, feel warm when I hear your voice (did I tell you how I love your voice?). You solve the riddles of life for me, make me laugh where I would have frowned, walk on where I might have stopped, encourage me.

I'm happy.