Sunday, March 24, 2013

India for two, please

or: My second trip to India.

First of all I will say that these posts will be written from my point of view. I won't say we when I mean I, won't be politically correct by including my friend in every statement. No, I don't regret having come here with M. After some initial doubts, we have managed to work out the kinks pretty well, do most things together without being attached by the hip and I'm almost certain that we'll still be friends after these three and a half weeks ;-).

Where do I begin? At the beginning, you might say. Not a bad idea, let's start.

Our plane left off on Thursday, 14th March (has it really been ten days already?) from a snowy Frankfurt that had no temperature at all (0°C obviously). Roughly 12 hours later, on Friday afternoon, we landed in Bangalore after a stop-over in Delhi. Yes, it was a lot warmer and more or less how I remembered it but still it didn't feel home yet, I didn't feel quite arrived.

We met S. that very evening who was warm and welcoming as ever, took us to nice places with a lovely atmosphere but still .. not quite it.

For the next day, B. had announced his arrival for right after work, "6ish" (yes, in the morning), so I woke up after a good two hours of sleep (woke up sounds a lot more energetic than it actually was but oh well). Slept for a bit after he was gone, went out later, shopped, explored, ate, drank. Evening going out again, with S. and his wife this time .. I really like her! Everything was perfect (well, except for the fact that M. had imported the plague from Germany) but still .. not quite yet.

The next morning, we left for the North, Delhi for one busy day, Mathura, Agra, Jaipur .. but that will be the next chapter.

No comments: