Monday, July 27, 2009

Missed you


This past weekend, my friend F. was here to visit. He used to be my roommate for five years and two apartments, until six years ago. We live about 600 km apart now but are still in touch, still friends. And while we're apart, we're both fine, living our respective lives, having a good time. Now when we met for the first time in 1.5 years, I realised that I missed him. We had so much fun all weekend and didn't even get around to doing all the great things that were on the list.


Similar with N. We are the kind of friends who can be out of touch for months, no expectations, no pressure. And then we meet again...

Or Av. We used to chat almost daily, text each other and occasionally talk on the phone during the past weeks, our conversations getting more and more intense with time. Due to his tight work schedule and my visitor, we hardly talked at all since maybe a week. I was fine, didn't care, busy with training, new student and my weekend visitor. Today, we talked for a longer time again and all of a sudden it hit me that I had missed him quite a bit.

Is it just me or has anybody else experienced that - not missing a person much while they're gone but realising that there had been a void when you get back together?

8 comments:

talldarkman said...

I am not sure.

Perhaps, I enjoy the moment being with a person.

When one falls in love though....it may be a different matter. But that again, is a mind game.

talldarkman

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
saltyfish said...

tdm - interesting what you read into my post..

and vish - from now on your comments to my posts will get deleted, starting with this one. if you hate me, stay away

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
saltyfish said...

you are right, people who have an opinion that isnt based on any knowledge, who talk without out thinking or listening, who have an extremely limited IQ - those do make me uncomfortable. and now bye bye

inserachofmuse said...

Am loving this pow wow - This ahs hight online entertainment value - Sis you are so earnest in your abuses!!! Love you

saltyfish said...

can't help it, sis, I'm so bad at faking and pretending