Sunday, July 12, 2009

Original Of The Species


Just like we som
etimes pull people into our life because we subconsciously need them at that moment in time (more about that in a later post), we occasionally get exactly the kind of music that speaks to us. For me right now it is U2's How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb and there particularly the song that gave the title to this post.

Music can be soothing they say (ugh, I don't want to be soothed). But what music does to me is putting things into perspective, to get me out of the blues (try Gary Moore's Still Got The Blues - ironic, I know) and to show me that it's silly wasting time being scared.

'Baby slow down
The end is not as fun as the start
Please stay a child somewhere in your heart'

I'm not the only one feeling the way I do and at the same time I'm special to some. You know that but I keep forgetting it, oh well .. just need a reminder every now and then. And no, I won't mind if you tell it to me ;-)

'And you feel like no-one before
You steal right under my door
And I kneel ‘cos I want you some more
I want the lot of what you got
And I want nothing that you're not'

I don't believe in modesty, I said so before. What we take for being humble is mostly fake. Why fake modesty if you can carry out real confidence? Not bragging, not telling the world that you are the greatest. But know what you can and accept recognition with a smile.

'Everywhere you go you shout it
You don't have to be shy about it'

"We will kiss until we achieve perfection in it." - "And then, are we going to quit?" - "Well, we will mess up deliberately, so that we can keep practising." Isn't that a lovely perspective? The best..

'Some things you shouldn't get too good at
Like smiling, crying and celebrity'

(lyrics borrowed from Original Of The Species, of course)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

too complex to THINK ..couldn't even go enough deep to understand the essence of the post ..I suppose an English school master/musician can help with the reply..hahaha ..!

saltyfish said...

don't even try then

Anonymous said...

i know that...that is why i recommended for an english school teacher or musician to help your post . I hope they can help you .

inserachofmuse said...

wonder who needs help.
Vish can I suggest more pleasing reading for you- try manohar kahaniyaan!!

Sis you caught on the chord, and do u really want that perfect kiss- sounds like star trek kiss!!

saltyfish said...

Vish, I don't need any help at all but you please take my sister's suggestion and stop wasting your time on my blog.

saltyfish said...

sis, exactly not! that's why it needs to be messed up before

talldarkman said...

*rolling eyes smiley* another poem. and muse....i need help...in deciphering it. :P

i would rather listen to the music...and let go of the lyrics if i don't decipher them. ;)

talldarkman

Anonymous said...

i read ur blog whenever i feel to waste some time ..!

saltyfish said...

tdm, just for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQrTF_hLI1Y

*batting eyelashes smiley*

Ash said...

thats so right. Music speaking to us as if some great sage giving wisdom or a lont lost friend reminding you of some time which you had kinda forgotten.

and yeah its so right, not to get too good, and well if it happens,mess it and start all over. sometimes the journey is more exciting tahn the destination as it said " the end is not as fun as the start"

saltyfish said...

ashhh - big smile

Anonymous said...

Dear Ash...i dunno who u r ..but I'm half flattered with ur name ..and fully flattered with ur reply 'the end is not as fun as the start' ,
one of my friend whom i used to visit her regularly ..used to say the same thing ..business doesn't
stop because of one bad customer ..i honestly couldn't equally understand the both..

saltyfish said...

Vish, do you know what flattered actually means? judging by what you said I'm not so sure..

Anonymous said...

Dear Ash..wat i mean is ..i like ur name very much..i donno wat flattered actually means but if u have understood the context of it that is great.

SF, don't judge anything that ur not sure..

saltyfish said...

oh please Vish, you are not in a position to say that

Anonymous said...

SF, wat positions u r talking abt..i never know..do you think i've been relieved frm that position..u reserve allrights to make urself comfortable and happy.

inserachofmuse said...

vish is hitting at ash and Salty fish is such a spoil sport!!!!

saltyfish said...

yea really .. how dare i

Ash said...

@vish--Main Entry:1flat£ter
Pronunciation:*fla-t*r
Function:verb
Etymology:Middle English flateren, from Anglo-French flater to lap, flatter, of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German flaz flat
Date:13th century

transitive verb
---to praise excessively especially from motives of self-interest.

hope it helps.

and ash=male, hope that helps too.

and if you can read my lips right now,they say " beat it now,before i beat the F outta ya"

Anonymous said...

holycow..i imangined u as Ashwariya Rai.but u became Abhishek..i hate that ASH..