Thursday, October 9, 2008

I want the Nobel Peace Prize!

That's one prize I would really like to get. Having done something great for the sake of mankind, having made this world a little less bloody and violent, being as peacefully perseverant as Gandhi, as clear-sighted as Gorbachev, as non-violently insistent as my own people in '89.
Be patient, be peaceful and smilingly successful.

But then I walk through the world, my eyes wide open.

I frown at parents who shout at their children, beat them, mistreat them and still expect them to be well-behaved little creatures without a will of their own.

I would like to put consumers in tiny cages who buy a fried chicken for 2 Euros and don't even think of what these animals went through. Those who are surprised that they're sold rotten meat when they ask for it cheaper and cheaper and cheaper. Let them stay in a livestock transport, under the same conditions pigs and cows exist on their daily odysseys.

I see magnificent churches, built from money that was tricked out of poor believers, making them think they would go to hell if they didn't pay for their heavenly beatitude. And it makes me so angry, so fumingly mad at all the religions that make a fortune while their followers are starving.

I think of the catholic church, with a leader that claims to be infallible, god's representative on earth. Infallible, a human! Who consoles the suffering with mild words instead of providing real help. Every time I hear him talk, I fight the urge of wanting to dunk him, together with all his cardinals and bishops, into a giant stoup until they stop struggling.

I want to scream at those heads of state who don't hesitate to sacrifice others' children in a war that is about nothing but self-righteousness, profit and resources. Would they send their own sons and daughters to war? Would they encourage them to go? Oh no!

This blatant injustice everywhere leaves me feel so livid and helpless, makes me want to scream, shout, beat and shoot, simply get violent against the culprits.
The Nobel Peace Prize? A distant dream!

6 comments:

Wanna said...

marvelous style of writing salty....very from the heart...really great!

Viva le cause!

Anonymous said...

well spoken tira loved it. streight from your heart as u are :)love uuuuuu

Unknown said...

o my my! i did know that u write well tiraa...but this is juz awzm, SUPERB... luvd it...keep witing :)

Flash said...

Wow!!. Thats an excellent article!.
You have spoken on our, the common people, behalf. Its what we shud du to cleanse this world from the injustice; "simply shoot dn the culprits, who ever they may be" . I like ur lucid style of narration :).Keep goin

May GOD help yu get NobelPrize,oneday. :)

saltyfish said...

Thanks a lot, wanna, micky and kajal.

Thank you, flash.. and may I ask how you came across my blog?

talldarkman said...

All of that..tirami...keeps the world moving.

It's "swarth" (or selfish motive) at work everywhere.

talldarkman

PS : You cannot change the way the world is, so expect nothing, and you will be happy. :P

And......control ur impulse to do violence or you would never get that desired Nobel peace prize.....;)