Thursday, March 5, 2009

Me, Myself and I


You thought I was exaggerating when I called this blog my personal vanity fair? You will realise now that I wasn't.

Everyone has their good and bad characteristics. So far, so banal. But have you been aware that even the best qualities can be perceived negatively in a different light - just as what you consider your worst characteristics are quite positive when seen from another angle?
The proof: Me.


People who like me say I'm humorous, intelligent, sweet, caring, have an infectious smile and a pleasant voice. Okay, let's analyse those statements one by one.

... Humorous - yes, that should be true. But the other side of the medal: no matter what innocent phrase you utter, my overactive mind twists and turns it - in the fracture of a second - to find some hidden meaning in it.. and normally succeeds. "How do you get these ideas?" - "They come naturally to me, the problems start when I try to be serious."
... Intelligent, well yea, I'm not a numb nut. But it doesn't automatically mean that I'm clever. I'm still naive, sometimes don't realise when it doesn't pay to be honest and I tend to believe what I'm told.
... Sweet and caring. Hmm. Am I sweet? If it means being helpful, having an open ear for my friends, being there when they need me, then yes. And I don't mind doing all that - for my friends. The difficult side of this "sweetness" is that some people might try to take advantage of me, thinking that I'm a push-over, ready to give in. And hey: I am not!
... Infectious smile and pleasant voice - sorry, even I can't see anything bad in that ;-).

Now to the flaws: I'm a little messy, short tempered, lazy and don't forgive easily.

... Being messy means that I'm creative. I need the challenge to hunt for my things instead of just putting them in the same place all the time - keeps my brain active.

... Short tempered, hmm, that's a tough one. I would say it includes both sides - getting angry easily but can go back to being calm in a jiffy, too. It means that I have temperament, am ready to burn for an idea.
... Lazy.. this one could be the worst. But then it means that I'm not likely to get a heart attack from over-working and know how to enjoy. And that's something good, wouldn't you agree?
... I was wrong, this here is the major one. If you can't forgive or apologise, it kills friendship, relationship, communication. Silver lining: if someone hurt or offended me and I do get back to them and offer my hand, it shows that they mean a lot to me and will never lose me just like that.

So what am I? A self-centred, spoilt, silly brat with a heart that is too big to carry alone and a mind that is permanently wandering.

9 comments:

Wanna said...

I still lurrrv u just as u are!~

inserachofmuse said...

damn I hate modesty when its not needed- Sis we are too good and too much in love with ourselves- so what!!! Hope to catch up ( sigh)

Anonymous said...

very very good narration abt u . Very gud to know that u r hardworker . where are u from , wats ur name ? wat u do other than writing these blogs ?

saltyfish said...

Wanna - awww *blushes*

sis - welcome back, with the usual modesty ;-)

Vishal - thanks but how would you decide that it's good if you don't even know me? and hardworker, where did you get that from?

talldarkman said...

hmmm...*thinking smiley*...good self evaluation.

There has to be something more to it. Is this blog in response to some conversation that happened with some friend? *raised eyebrow smiley*

talldarkman

saltyfish said...

no, tdm, it's in response to a conversation I had with myself ;-)

Anonymous said...

I know you, i read your me, myself and i . u want to say there is more than that is written, where i would change my good to bad ?

saltyfish said...

I could have lied.. ;-)
there is more but nothing strikingly good or bad, so I don't know if that would change your opinion

Anonymous said...

Fantastic writing. Your sweet personality is summarized in your 'silver lining'. Hope I can someday tread that path..