Monday, March 16, 2009

When life's too easy..


.. I just make it harder myself. Why did I decide to give up on dairy and eggs during lent? Why not give up on sweets for a few weeks? Or alcohol? I know, I know, you should renounce on something that you would actually miss ;-)


Day whatever:

Had a two-day-photo course this weekend and on Saturday, the teacher announced that we would order pizza the next day for lunch. Argh! But then, believe it or not, I resisted and ordered plain pizza bread instead of juicy yummy pizza Quattro Formaggi .. *pats own shoulder*.

One of my Monday's students always offers me tea which I usually take with milk and sugar. 'How will I tell her that I can't have that now?', I was wondering before. Easier than I thought: "Would you like some tea?" - "Yes, thank you, but without milk please." No fuss, no further questions.

Went grocery shopping just now because I needed some things and was craving sweets, too. While strolling through the aisles and checking ingredient lists, I realised that I can't eat any of the sweets I like and don't like any of those I can have. I want milk chocolate, caramel, ice cups, burfi, mushroom cream soup, cheeses, yogurt, waffles .. damn it! I want to pack it in, give up, throw it all. But I won't, not yet, not so easily. I want, I need to prove to myself that I have the determination to push this plan through. We will see...

3 comments:

inserachofmuse said...

i am going to be mean now- feel like sharing recipies of rabri, malpua and kheer with you- will paste pics of kheer laddoo and dahi wada- sis come over soon!

talldarkman said...

Hurray...you are doing it. Keep it up. You must learn to control your mind and hence the dnyanendriya..or sensory organs ...and their subjects (vishay)....that drive the world / us.

You have moved one step towards becoming a yogi ;) Let us see if you will complete the journey.

talldarkman

saltyfish said...

yea sis, you are, but i would have done the same ;-) and it's only three and a half more weeks till easter

tdm - thanks for the encouragement :)